Revitalize a Laptop’s or Older Graphics Card With VGA Output
Plugable’s VGA to HDMI adapter (VGAM-HDMIF) allows you to connect from a 15-pin VGA output on your laptop, or desktop computer to a modern HDMI display.
This one-way adapter supports resolutions from a D-SUB VGA source to a HDMI display up to 1920×1080 at 60Hz refresh rate, lower resolutions such as 1600×900, and 1366×768 (720p) are also supported.
The adapter connects to the host computer’s D-SUB VGA port and requires a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port to power the analog to digital adapter.
- Compatible with Laptops, Desktops, and Servers with VGA output
- Compatible with HDMI monitors, televisions, or projectors
- Operating system agnostic—no drivers necessary
- Supports resolutions up to 1920×1080, or maximum supported resolution of computer
- Connect the adapter to the display’s HDMI cable
- Connect the VGA adapter to the computer’s VGA output and secure with the two thumbscrews
- Connect the USB power connection to the computer’s USB port
- Configure the external display through the computer’s display settings
Q: Why is the display not detected in Windows when I connect to the VGA output on my desktop?A: If the desktop computer has a discrete graphics card the VGA output on the motherboard may be disabled. Some systems have an option to enable the onboard graphics with a discrete graphics card.
Q: Does this adapter support audio to my monitor/TV?A: Yes, this adapter supports audio through the USB connection. This may require setting the audio output device in Window or macOS.